New Operating Hours
To better serve you, we will be adjusting our operating hours. Dogwood Animal Hospital will be closing on Saturdays however, we will be extending our operating hours Monday through Friday from 5:30 pm to 6 pm. Our new hours will start on August 29th. Please consider these new hours when you schedule your boarding and when you plan to come in for pick ups. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we welcome your feedback.
- Schedule an appointment
- Fill out the online questionnaire and any other necessary forms for your appointment.
- Call our office when you arrive; please stay in your vehicle
- A member of our staff will obtain a history from you when you call, then proceed to your vehicle to retrieve your pet and bring them into the clinic for treatment
- A doctor will assess the condition of your pet
- A technician will call you with a treatment plan and estimated costs
- All approved services will be performed
- A client service representative will call you with your total and take your payment over the phone
- A member of our staff will return your pet to you with a detailed invoice of services performed.
For all prescriptions and diet requests
- Please allow at least 24 hours for us to fulfill your prescription request
- We are recommending a 30-day supply of vital medications for all pets
- Controlled substances are limited to 30-day supply only, unless it is for a chronic condition like seizures
- Please request monthly preventions in advance by phone so that we can ensure adequate stock
- We have limited stock of prescription diets at this time and we are placing limits on what you can purchase at any given time to ensure that all our beloved pets can get their diets.
- When you arrive, please stay in your vehicle and call our front office
- We will take your payment over the phone and bring your food or medication and receipt to your vehicle for you.
All cats must arrive in a carrier, all dogs must arrive with a collar and leash already in place. If your collar or leash cannot properly restrain your pet, we may use a slip lead to escort them into the clinic.
What are we doing?
- All employees that are interacting with clients and your pets are wearing personal protective equipment, including gowns, masks, and gloves. Employee contact with clients is being limited by using phone communications when possible. We are working with partners to add text messaging to our communication options,stay tuned for updates.
- Exam rooms are being disinfected with kennelsol solution, or other approved disinfectant, between each patient.
- Doctors are assigned equipment to use throughout the day to help eliminate cross contamination.
- Touch surfaces are being minimized several ways. We are not allowing cash or check payments, we are emailing documents that require signatures or additional information, we are offering emailed estimates and invoices.
- All surfaces are disinfected throughout the day.
- Personal items are prohibited for boarding and drop off patients.
We understand that this is not the ideal way to treat your pets and are striving to continue to improve the process. Your feedback is important to us and we welcome comments via email at email@example.com.