Posted on 10-02-2018
- New patients will be required to get an exam with one of our veterinarians prior to testing and injection.
- Free heartworm test ($20 value) cannot be used for annual heartworm testing. The test that we perform annually also tests for tick born viruses and should be performed during your pet's regular annual exam.
- Proheart injection must be purchased during the same visit in order to receive free testing.
- Promotion is only valid if you mention the website at check in or while scheduling appointment.
- Proheart is an injection given by a trained veterinary professional. The injection prevents heartworm disease, caused by mosquitoes, for 6 months.
- Heartworm testing should be performed annually or if you are changing the type of prevention you are giving your pet.
- Cats can get heartworms too.
- We recommend prevention year round for cats and dogs.
Please click on the links below to get more information about heartworm disease and your pets.
Food and Drug Administration
American Heartworm Society
American Veterinary Medical Association